LandscapeHub is a B2B online marketplace in the commercial landscaping space. We are a growing technology startup, founded in 2017, with a tight-knit and hard-working team of green industry and technology professionals striving to make a real impact for landscape buyers and suppliers. We believe that with the power of technology and data we can revolutionize this 100 billion dollar industry, and we’re looking for new team members aligned with our mission and ready to dive in head first.
We are looking for a UX Researcher to support the product team in all aspects of research including planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis and reporting for both generative and evaluative research to move our platform (www.landscapehub.com) forward. This is a new role and will report to our Director of User Experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Get to know both sides of the landscaping market inside and out
- Work with key stakeholders including Director of UX, analysts, designers, product managers, ops/sales to identify objectives, goals, timelines and research execution plan
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods including but not limited to customer interviews (buyers and suppliers), surveys, contextual inquiry, Full Story analysis, concept testing, usability testing, and journey mapping to collect insights that improve the product and customer experience
- Assist with the product discovery process for new initiatives. You’ll work closely with analysts, designers, and business teams to identify problem areas and validate proposed solutions.
- Review product feature performance to ensure we’re meeting goals and determine why we might be falling short of objectives
- Partner closely with the Director of UX, product analyst, and tech lead to help influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed
- Prepare reports and share key findings with leadership
- Travel to supplier nursery locations to conduct interviews and research in their own environments. (Pandemic-dependent but would expect travel at least 1-3 times a quarter)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Educated in research, design, or related field, formally or through comparable training
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience redefining existing experiences or imagining new experiences
- Previous experience defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines
- Ability to prepare reports of findings and actionable insights in easy-to-understand formats. Experience working with and presenting research reports to senior stakeholders
- Comfortable in a customer facing role where you need to represent LandscapeHub
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Agile experience preferred
- A good sense of humor and a curious nature
- Experience with B2B ecommerce / marketplace or the green industry a plus
Why you’ll want to work with us:
Work where you want!
As long as you’ve got a good internet connection, you can work where you want with this remote role. We’ve always had a mix of people remote and in-person, but our team is all remote currently. Eventually, you’ll have your choice of how you want to work: full-on remote, remote but with co-working space, come to our Chicago office full or part-time.
- Base Salary and employee equity package
- Health Care
- FSA / Commuter
- Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D
It’s an exciting time at LandscapeHub
We’re growing and building a strong team to solve some very complex problems for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to be a part of something big and see your work in action. You’ll never have to worry about feeling like a cog in the wheel with us. You’ll have regular opportunities to interface directly with leadership and make an impact immediately.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their resume, portfolio and any other relevant materials to email@example.com.
We strive to find individuals who are passionate about our mission in the green industry and who exemplify our core values. Every day, we strive to improve the lives of green industry professionals. We're creating an industry that's more connected, transparent, and better equipped to serve green professionals' current and future needs.
Our core values
We live by a core set of values that enable us to do our best work in an environment that is respectful, kind, and full of curious minds. As a team, we value:
- • Meaningful solutions that help the businesses we serve
- • Continuous learning and development
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization.