LandscapeHub is a B2B online marketplace in the commercial landscaping space. We are a growing technology startup, founded in 2017, with a tight-knit and hard-working team of green industry and technology professionals striving to make a real impact for landscape buyers and suppliers. We believe that with the power of technology and data we can revolutionize this 100 billion dollar industry, and we’re looking for new team members aligned with our mission and ready to plunge in head first.
We are looking for a Product / Data Analyst to track analytics and product performance, build dashboards, identity opportunities for growth, and share insights to solve problems and move our platform (www.landscapehub.com) forward. This is a new role that will report to our Director of User Experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and share key data insights with the business to drive better decisions
- Write queries and build reports and/or dashboards that help surface data to our business and product teams
- Provide thought leadership and strategic thinking to solve business problems by leveraging techniques such as customer segmentation, optimization and advanced analytics
- Assist with the product discovery process for new initiatives. You’ll work closely with UX and engineering to collect data to identify problems areas and validate potential solutions
- Measure and track product feature performance to ensure we’re meeting goals and delivering value for customers
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience as a data analyst or similar role is required
- Proven ability to independently pull, clean and analyze data
- Experience with web analytics tools and interpreting the data to make site recommendations
- Experience with SQL and Excel is required. Most of our raw data is stored in relational databases, and we use Excel to help filter the data further. These are primary tools you'll use everyday.
- Strong organizational skills. We have a lot of data, a lot of reports, and many data providers. You'll need good organizational skills to keep it all straight.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate in writing and in-person is required.
- Willingness to wear many hats. Our product process is growing and we’ll want you to grow also (pun intended). You'll need to embrace learning and always be open to change.
- Prior experience in marketplace business or with the green industry is a plus
Why you’ll want to work with us:
Work where you want!
As long as you’ve got a good internet connection, you can work where you want with this remote role. We’ve always had a mix of people remote and in-person, but our team is all remote currently. Eventually, you’ll have your choice of how you want to work: full-on remote, remote but with co-working space, come to our Chicago office full or part-time.
- Base Salary and early employee equity package
- Health Care
- FSA / Commuter
- Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D
It’s an exciting time at LandscapeHub
We’re growing and building a strong team to solve some very complex problems for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to be a part of something big and see your work in action. You’ll never have to worry about feeling like a cog in the wheel with us. You’ll have regular opportunities to interface directly with leadership and make an impact immediately.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their resume, portfolio and any other relevant materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to find individuals who are passionate about our mission in the green industry and who exemplify our core values. Every day, we strive to improve the lives of green industry professionals. We're creating an industry that's more connected, transparent, and better equipped to serve green professionals' current and future needs.
Our core values
We live by a core set of values that enable us to do our best work in an environment that is respectful, kind, and full of curious minds. As a team, we value:
- Meaningful solutions that help the businesses we serve
- Continuous learning and development
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization.