LandscapeHub is a B2B online marketplace in the commercial landscaping space. We are a growing technology startup, founded in 2017, with a tight-knit and hard-working team of green industry and technology professionals striving to make a real impact for landscape buyers and suppliers. We believe that with the power of technology and data we can revolutionize this 100 billion dollar industry, and we’re looking for new team members aligned with our mission and ready to plunge in head first.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to Lead a project focused Data Engineering team. Data Engineers are responsible for building out the pipelines and tools that help standardize plant and pricing data from hundreds of suppliers into our common standard. They also provide the business key insights into how to grow and provide additional value to our customers. You’ll be key to moving our platform (www.landscapehub.com) forward. This is a new role that will report to our Director of Data Engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll work with an agile team of data engineers and analysts to innovate creative solutions. You and the project manager / data analyst will lead the charge on defining a solution that addresses key business problems. You’ll have the opportunity to innovate creative solutions. We work in 6 week cycles so organization and prioritization is key.
- You’ll be the lead engine for the team. You’ll lead the definition / architecture for the team. There will be 2 other data engineers on the team. You should like mentoring more junior engineers.
- Building out and streamlining our platform for ingesting supplier data. We have over two hundred suppliers on our platform and are growing, and each of them has a different format of inventory and pricing that they send us. We have a series of python scripts we use to clean up their data and pull it into our system. We’re constantly looking for ways to make this process easier.
- Outside of our operational database, we build and maintain a warehouse of aggregated data we use for reporting, metrics, and analysis. This data comes from different sources and is crucial to our business. You’ll be helping us build and maintain pipelines for keeping this data clean, accurate and up-to-date.
- We have a handful of 3rd party integrations set up with different supplier’s inventory software, and buyer’s estimating software. You’ll help us build new integrations and ensure the current ones are working correctly. You’ll be consuming and developing API’s to support these efforts.
- Helping us improve our machine learning service we’ve built to auto-match plant names. Oftentimes suppliers have different naming conventions for plants and need to be matched against our standard.
- We plan to build a handful of internal apps in the coming year, a few of which are a chat service and a logistics planner. These will likely have their own primary databases, and we’ll need help figuring out the best way to integrate them with our core platform.
- We’re moving our platform towards a service-driven architecture. You’ll be spending a lot of time writing and consuming APIs, both internal and external.
- We like getting to know our customers. Visiting a nursery (farm) or a rock quarry or a large landscape contractor is something we like to do. Of course, we’re not doing much of that now, but we’ll start it again once it’s safer. Don’t worry, we have customers throughout the US so you’ll most likely be near one of our users no matter where you choose to call home.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Python experience is required
- Machine learning experience required.
- Experience with data warehouse modeling and ETL is required
- DevOps experience in AWS is a plus
- Experience with AI frameworks is a plus
- Crazy communication skills, both verbal and written. We’re all remote, good communication skills are required.
- Agile experience a plus
- Experience in B2B Marketplace or B2B ecommerce a plus
- A good sense of humor and a curious nature
Why you’ll want to work with us:
Work where you want!
As long as you’ve got a good internet connection, you can work where you want with this remote role. We’ve always had a mix of people remote and in-person, but our team is all remote currently. Eventually, you’ll have your choice of how you want to work: full-on remote, remote but with co-working space, come to our Chicago office full or part-time.
- Base Salary and employee equity package
- Health Care
- FSA / Commuter
- Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D
It’s an exciting time at LandscapeHub
We’re growing and building a strong team to solve some very complex problems for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to be a part of something big and see your work in action. You’ll never have to worry about feeling like a cog in the wheel with us. You’ll have regular opportunities to interface directly with leadership and make an impact immediately.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com
We strive to find individuals who are passionate about our mission in the green industry and who exemplify our core values. Every day, we strive to improve the lives of green industry professionals. We're creating an industry that's more connected, transparent, and better equipped to serve green professionals' current and future needs.
Our core values
We live by a core set of values that enable us to do our best work in an environment that is respectful, kind, and full of curious minds. As a team, we value:
- • Meaningful solutions that help the businesses we serve
- • Continuous learning and development
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization.