LandscapeHub is a B2B online marketplace in the commercial landscaping space. We are a growing technology startup, founded in 2017, with a tight-knit and hard-working team of green industry and technology professionals striving to make a real impact for landscape buyers and suppliers. We believe that with the power of technology and data we can revolutionize this 100 billion dollar industry, and we’re looking for new team members aligned with our mission and ready to plunge in head first.
We are looking for a Data Project Manager to manage the projects in our Data Engineering group. You’ll define projects, manage a portfolio of projects, facilitate prioritization, setup plans with an agile team for implementation and lead (with an engineering counterpart) that implementation. Data is a key part of our company and you’ll be key to moving our platform (www.landscapehub.com) forward. This is a new role that will report to our Director of Data Engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be working on projects at the very beginning. The requirements at this stage are vague. You’ll be in charge of asking a lot of questions and figuring out the requirements. From there, you’ll work with analysts and engineers to break out the work into bite-sized pieces (cards) which you can prioritize, track progress, and confirm the completion.
- Organizing our team’s workload. We have a lot of projects in the mix. Everything from daily processes like email automations and reporting, to special projects like integrating our platform with 3rd party tech partners. You’ll help us gather requirements for these projects and facilitate a process to prioritize them.
- You and a lead engineer will be the coordinator of work on our team. We’re grouped into Agile teams and your team will be working on projects within a larger project framework.
- You’ll need to lead projects in addition to tracking their progress. We are looking for a project manager that can organize the details, create actionable breakouts of work and then collaborate with the team to get them over the finish line.
- Since our team is made up of data nerds, you’ll need to be one also (part-time). After our team completes a card, you’ll be in charge of confirming the requirements have been met.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience with project management is required. Technology company experience is preferred but experience in Landscaping / Construction is a plus.
- Strong communication skills required. Being able to effectively communicate in writing and over the phone/video both internally and externally is required. You'll be communicating with external stakeholders and each of our internal departments on a weekly basis.
- Strong organizational skills required. As described above, it’s going to take a crazy good organizer to make sure we're working on the right things at the right time.
- Strong analytical skills required. All roles in the data engineering group need to have a good set of analytical skills.
- Willingness to wear many hats. Our data engineering team is evolving, along with our business. You'll need to embrace learning and always be open to change.
- Experience in the landscaping industry or construction is a plus
- We use an agile framework, so experience in this world is helpful.
- Previous experience with data analysis and coding is a plus.
Why you’ll want to work with us:
Work where you want!
As long as you’ve got a good internet connection, you can work where you want with this remote role. We’ve always had a mix of people remote and in-person, but our team is all remote currently. Eventually, you’ll have your choice of how you want to work: full-on remote, remote but with co-working space, come to our Chicago office full or part-time.
- Base Salary and employee equity package
- Health Care
- FSA / Commuter
- Vision, Dental, Life and AD&D
It’s an exciting time at LandscapeHub
We’re growing and building a strong team to solve some very complex problems for our customers. You’ll have an opportunity to be a part of something big and see your work in action. You’ll never have to worry about feeling like a cog in the wheel with us. You’ll have regular opportunities to interface directly with leadership and make an impact immediately.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to find individuals who are passionate about our mission in the green industry and who exemplify our core values. Every day, we strive to improve the lives of green industry professionals. We're creating an industry that's more connected, transparent, and better equipped to serve green professionals' current and future needs.
Our core values
We live by a core set of values that enable us to do our best work in an environment that is respectful, kind, and full of curious minds. As a team, we value:
- Meaningful solutions that help the businesses we serve
- Continuous learning and development
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization.